Commitment To Excellence
Taking Traffic Violations Seriously
Individuals facing traffic charges naturally wish to learn early on what the consequences of a conviction will be. In New Jersey, penalties vary with the charge, but can range up to a one-year loss of license and a $1,000 fine, in addition to driving points and increased insurance rates. Penalties for drunk driving are much more severe.
At the criminal defense law firm of Laufer, Dalena, Jensen, Bradley & Doran, LLC, in Morristown, we have handled hundreds of defense cases involving traffic violations, including these common charges:
- Exceeding the speed limit/driving too fast for traffic conditions/racing/speeding tickets
- Reckless driving
- Passing a stopped school bus or overtaking/passing an emergency vehicle
- Overloading a vehicle
- Driving without insurance
- Driving without a driver’s license
- Failure to yield or stop
By paying your ticketed fine you automatically plead guilty and add a violation to your driving record. Our attorney team can help you fight the charges. Our goal will be to:
- Achieve a finding of “not guilty” by trying the case in trial using a range of creative defense tactics
- Lessen your charges, points and fees by negotiating with prosecutors. We have also succeeded in negotiating for full dismissal of many traffic violations
Fighting your traffic charges with the help of an experienced attorney makes sense. By protecting your driver’s license, and by avoiding fees and DMV points, you will likely ultimately save money while working to keep your driving record clean. For a consultation regarding the advisability of fighting your charges, contact our firm.
For experienced legal help regarding traffic violations and traffic tickets, talk with an attorney at our firm. We accept Mastercard and Visa, are available for evening and weekend appointments, and charge reasonable rates. Our offices are conveniently located one-half block from the Morristown Green. To contact a lawyer, call 973-975-4043.