Partner and Family Law Mediator
Alexis N. Laufer, Esq. is a Partner and a certified Family Law Mediator at Laufer, Dalena, Jensen, Bradley & Doran, LLC. For the past 15 + years, Alexis has devoted her practice exclusively to Family Law and divorce litigation. She handles cases ranging from straightforward matters involving simple divorces and custody/parenting time disputes to the most complex matters involving high-net-worth and multifaceted asset division.
Alexis has extensive experience in all aspects of divorce and family law, including divorce, business valuations, division of retirement/brokerage/stock accounts, child custody and parenting time disputes, alimony support & modifications, child support, college contribution, equitable distribution, property distribution, relocation, prenuptial/postnuptial agreements, post-judgment enforcement/modification, substance abuse issues, domestic violence litigation / restraining orders.
Going through a divorce and separating a family is one of the most difficult chapters a person may go through in their lives. Alexis seeks to bring comfort, advocacy, and resolution to her clients during this difficult time. Alexis has built a reputation on empathy and results for her clients, while also navigating the intricacies of family relationships. Over the years, Alexis is proud to have transitioned clients to friends.
Alexis works closely with her clients, providing each client with focused, one-on-one attention. She takes a determined, strategic, yet settlement focused approach on all cases. Alexis works closely with forensic accountants, therapists, private and financial investigators, and vocational experts.
Alienation Matters and Custody Concerns: Alexis is highly experienced in handling Parental Alienation cases and high-stakes child custody disputes, and has forged connections with many of the nation’s leading experts and therapists on this heart-wrenching area of the law.
Alexis is apt at handling matters involving allegations of abuse, including substance abuse, emotional / narcissistic abuse, and financial abuse. In these matters, Alexis always takes a child focused approach, looking out for the best interest of every child, and provides extreme focus on the mental health of her clients. Alexis believes that even in these difficult matters, there is often a chance for parents to learn from their mistakes, and better themselves for the benefit of their children.
Due to the current backlog in the Court system, Alexis expanded her practice to include Mediation services. She effectively mediates matters, taking into account the interests and positions of both parties, and has an extremely high success rate in settling high conflict matters through strategic and client focused negotiations. Alexis’s goal is to assist clients and families in resolving their matters amicably and expeditiously, saving legal fees, and saving families from the emotional turmoil that comes along with divorce and family law disputes.
Alexis has been named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for ten years in a row, from 2013 – 2023. Alexis is a member of New Jersey State Bar Association, Morris County Bar Association, the Barry Croland Family Law Inns of Court, and provides pro bono legal services to domestic abuse victims through JBWS-BWLAP. Locally, Ms. Laufer is a member of the West Morris Junior Women’s Club, where she donates her time to local charitable fundraising events, which benefit children and provides crisis/emergency relief reserves, financial relief to local families in need, college scholarship funding, and support of senior citizens and local small businesses.
Alexis completed her Family Law judicial clerkship with the Honorable Maureen P. Sogluizzo, Superior Court Judge for the Family Division, Hudson County, New Jersey in 2009. Alexis received her Bachelor’s degree from James Madison University in 2005 and her Juris Doctorate degree from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2008. While in law school, Alexis interned with the Honorable Richard C. Camp, Superior Court Judge for the Family Division, Essex County, New Jersey, and volunteered as a student attorney for the Family Law Clinic. She was the Senior Articles Editor for the Seton Hall Law School Legislative Journal, winning Best Brief in the Seton Hall Law Gressman Moot Court Competition.
Alexis lives with her family in Chester, NJ, and enjoys traveling, hiking, tennis, and snowboarding.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: Best Brief, Gressman Moot Court Competition
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: Dean's List
- Morris County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- Family Law Inns of Court
- West Morris Junior Women’s Club, Past VP, Current Member
- JBWS - Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project, Pro Bono Attorney
- WMWJC Scholarship Committee
- Founder of WMWJC “Mothers Celebrating Mothers” Annual Mother’s Day gift giving event to survivors of domestic violence
- Hon. Maureen P. Sogluizzo, Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson County, Family Part, Law Clerk, 2008 – 2009
- Hon. Richard C. Camp, Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County, Family Part, Judicial Intern, 2006, Summer Associate, 2007 – 2008
- Seton Hall Center for Social Justice Family Law Clinic, Pro Bono Student Attorney, 2007 – 2008
- Property Settlement Agreements
- Child Custody and Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Division of Assets – Equitable Distribution
- Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Emancipation of a Child
- Modification of Custody
- Modification of Child Support
- Modification, Reduction or Termination of Alimony
- Relocation with Children inside and outside of New Jersey
- Enforcement of Custody, Child Support, and Alimony
- Enforcement of Property Settlement Agreements or Prior Court Orders
- College Contributions
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Domestic Violence Matters (Temporary and Final Restraining Orders)
- Grandparent Rights