Commitment To Excellence
Fight Back Against Drunk Driving Charges
New Jersey residents pulled over for drunk driving face the harshest penalties in the U.S. The consequences of a conviction include:
- An average of $10,000 in cumulative lost wages, fines and penalties for a first offense, and a license suspension of seven months
- Fines, a two-year license suspension and potential jail time for a second offense
- A 10-year license suspension and minimum of 180 days in jail for a third offense
New Jersey is also unusual in that it allows no provisional driver’s license or provisional driving. No exceptions are made to get to and from work, or to go to day care, medical appointments and other important destinations.
If you have been accused of drunk driving, we urge you to explore fighting the charges, even if you feel you have a difficult case. Remember, the burden of proof lies with the state, and many cases, when handled by an experienced criminal defense attorney, result in dismissal of charges, reduced charges or acquittal. We have helped hundreds of people fight their DUI/DWI charges, using a range of effective defense tactics, including:
- Questioning the validity of the Alcotest. When machinery is maintained poorly or tests are administered improperly, the state often has no case. We work with Breathalyzer and breath test experts to attack state evidence.
- Probable cause. The police can’t pull you over randomly. Often, individuals are pulled over for driving habits that aren’t indicative of drunk driving, like mild swerving. If you were pulled over and probable cause did not exist, your charges may be dismissed regardless of subsequent facts.
We recently won a DUI/DWI case in which our client was accused of a third offense and faced jail time. Our client was not in his car by the time police officers arrived. Though it seemed apparent he had driven his car, the question remained — did a friend of his, perhaps, drive the car? With no actual proof that our client drove his car, the state’s case failed, and the DWI charge was dismissed.
For experienced legal help regarding DUI/DWI charges and arrests, talk with one of our attorneys. We accept Mastercard and Visa, are available for evening and weekend appointments, and charge reasonable rates. Our offices are conveniently located one-half block from the Morristown Green. To contact a lawyer, call 973-975-4043.