Jane Ellen Doran joined the firm as a Partner in 2020, having practiced exclusively in the area of Family Law for over 35 years.
Experienced in all aspects of divorce litigation, including complex valuation and distribution issues of businesses and professional practices, executive benefits, alimony, child support and contested custody issues, she has an extensive history of negotiating premarital agreements, marital agreements, and post judgment issues.
For the last 20 years, Ms. Doran has maintained an AV pre-eminent rating by Martindale Hubbell, the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards. She has been named as a Super Lawyer in the State of New Jersey beginning in 2006 through and including 2021.
Ms. Doran served as a Trustee of the Morris County Bar Foundation and was appointed to the District X Ethics Committee in Morris County. She served as a Master of the Central New Jersey Inns of Court.
Ms. Doran is a Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section; the Morris County Bar Association Family Law Section (Former Chair), and the New York State Bar Association.
Ms. Doran received her B.A. from Providence College with Honors and her Juris Doctorate from the New England School of Law. She is licensed to practice in the States of New Jersey and New York.
- New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1983
- Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island
- B.A. - 1979
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: English
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section (1984-2019), Chair (1994-1996)
- Morris County Bar Association, Early Settlement Panel, Member and Blue Ribbon Panelist, 1985 to Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 1984 to Present
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1984 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1984 to Present
- Central New Jersey Inn of Court (1985-1996), Master (1994-1995)
- District X Ethics Committee, 1997 to 2000
- Morris County Bar Foundation, Trustee, 2003 to 2008
- Pro Bono Counsel - Unchained at Last, 2018 to 2019
- Hon. Herbert S. Friend, Judge, Superior Court, Morris County, Clerk, 1983 to 1984
- New Jersey, 1984
- New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1984
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2006-2019