Jane Ellen Doran joined the firm as a Partner in 2020, having practiced exclusively in the area of Family Law for over 35 years.
Experienced in all aspects of divorce litigation, including complex valuation and distrubution issues of businesses and professional practices, executive benefits, alimony, child support and contested custody and parenting issues, she has an extensive history of negotiating private premarital agreements, marital settlement agreements, and resolution of post judgment issues.
For the last 20 years, Ms. Doran has maintained the honor of an AV Pre-eminent rating by Martindale Hubbell, the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards.
Ms. Doran has been named as a Super Lawyer in the State of New Jersey beginning in 2006 through and including 2020.
She is a Member of the New Jersey State Bar Assoication, Family Law Section; the Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section, where she served as a Former Chair; and the New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section.
Ms. Doran served as a Trustee of the Morris County Bar Foundation between the years of 2003 and 2008. She was appointed to the District X Ethics Committee in Morris County between 1997 and 2001 and served as a Master of the Central New Jersey Inns of Court between 1996 and 2002.
She serves as an Early Settlement Panelist and a Blue Ribbon Panelist in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part in Morris County.
Ms. Doran recieved her B.A. from Providence College with Honors and her Juris Doctorate from the New England School of Law. She served as the Law Secretary to the Honorable Herbert S. Friend, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part, Morris County. She is licensed to practice in the States of New Jersey and New York.
- New Jersey, 1984
- New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1984
- New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1983
- Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island
- B.A. - 1979
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: English
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- New Jersey Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section (1984-2019), Chair (1994-1996)
- Morris County Bar Association, Early Settlement Panel, Member and Blue Ribbon Panelist, 1985 to Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 1984 to Present
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1984 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1984 to Present
- Central New Jersey Inn of Court (1985-1996), Master (1994-1995)
- District X Ethics Committee, 1997 to 2000
- Morris County Bar Foundation, Trustee, 2003 to 2008
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Herbert S. Friend, Judge, Superior Court, Morris County, Clerk, 1983 to 1984
- Pro Bono Counsel - Unchained at Last, 2018 to 2019