Morristown, NJ 07960
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Gregory D. R. Behringer Esq., joined Laufer, Dalena, Cadicina, Jensen & Boyd, LLC in September 2011 following a judicial clerkship with the Honorable James M. DeMarzo, Superior Court Judge for the Family Division, Morris County, New Jersey.
Mr. Behringer received his Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Economics from Hampden-Sydney College and his Juris Doctorate from Ohio Northern University “With Distinction” where he was an Associate Justice of Moot Court. During his law school tenure, he interned at the Rose Immigration Law Firm in Nashville, Tennessee, and completed an externship with Judge Walter H. Rice, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio. Also, while in law school Mr. Behringer passed the Patent Agent Exam and was admitted to practice Patent Law before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”).
Mr. Behringer is an accomplished oral advocate and was the Champion of the Anthony J. Celebrezze Appellate Advocacy Competition where he placed first among all law students in intra-school appellate advocacy competition. Additionally, he was the Champion of the Dan Guy Appellate Advocacy Program where he placed first among his class of over 100 fellow students.
Following law school, he completed a clerkship with the Honorable James M. DeMarzo, Family Part, Morris County prior to joining the firm. Mr. Behringer is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Morris County Bar Association, and the Barry Croland Family Law Inn of Court.
Mr. Behringer presently serves as the Vice Chair of the District X Ethics Fee Arbitration Committee. He has served on the Morris County Early Settlement Panel since 2014. He has presented numerous continuing legal education seminars on family related matters both for the Morris County Bar Association and the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education. He has also published articles in the Matrimonial Strategists.
Areas of Practice
- General Litigation
- Matrimonial Law
- Domestic Violence
- Worker’s Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Municipal Court
- New Jersey, 2009
- Pennsylvania, 2009
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2008
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Moot Court Associate Justice
- Honors: Champion of the Anthony J. Celebrezze Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Honors: Champion of the Dan Guy Appellate Advocacy Program
- Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, Virginia
- B.S. - 2003
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Chemistry
- Major: Economics
- Drafting Effective Family Law Motions, NJFCLE, 2015
- Family Law for New Attorneys, NJFCLE, 2014
- Ethics For Family Lawyer, MCBA/MCBLE, 2015
- A Primer For Young Lawyers On Depositions, MCBA/MCBLE, 2019
- Family Law Motion Practice, MCBA/MCBLE, 2018
- Emancipation Pollination: Navigating the Amendment to the Child Support State, MCBA/MCBLE, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Morris County Bar Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Barry Croland Family Law Inn of Court, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. James M. DeMarzo, Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County, Law Clerk, 2010 to 2011
- Hon. Thomas L. Weisenbeck, Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County, Intern, 2009 to 2010
- Judge Walter H. Rice, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, Intern 2009
- Rose Immigration Law Firm, Nashville, Tennessee, Intern, 2007
- Judiciary, State of New Jersey, Law Clerk, 2009 to 2011
Pro Bono Activities
- JBWS-BWLAP, 2014 to Present
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Alpha Chi Sigma