Guiding You Through A Gray Divorce In New Jersey
Divorce is increasingly common among baby boomers. The term gray divorce refers to divorce among spouses aged 50 or older. If you are among this population, you can turn to Laufer, Dalena, Jensen, Bradley & Doran, LLC, for trustworthy counsel during this challenging time.
We are committed to providing excellent legal services for the people of northern New Jersey. As one of the state’s preeminent family law firms, we feel honored to carry a legacy of positive results in alternative dispute resolution and in divorce trials.
Experience With The Unique Challenges Ahead
Gray divorces involve many complex issues that might not come up for younger couples. Our divorce attorneys have handled numerous gray divorces and know how to approach these issues to have the best chance of resolving them satisfactorily. A few of the concerns with which we can assist you include:
- Complex asset division: Many seniors have accumulated multiple real properties and other substantial assets subject to property division.
- Retirement accounts: We can help you figure out how to distribute retirement assets using a qualified domestic relation order (QDRO) or other methods.
- Prior marriages: You might have obligations such as alimony payments from a previous marriage that requires consideration.
- Stepchildren: A divorce lawyer can explain your rights when it comes to your stepchildren, including leaving them an inheritance.
- Wills and estate plans: In addition, we can help you adjust your power of attorney and the beneficiaries in your will.
As a law firm that practices primarily family law, our team members have a rare depth of insight into New Jersey divorces. We carefully evaluate the details of your circumstances to arrive at a strategy designed to minimize costs, stress and time spent. Our gray divorce attorneys are well-versed in traditional divorce litigation as well as collaborative law and other alternative methods.
Discuss Your Future In A Free Consultation
At Laufer, Dalena, Jensen, Bradley & Doran, LLC, we are with you every step of the way in a gray divorce. Contact our law office in Morristown to set up a free consultation with one of our staff members. Please call 973-975-4043 or send us an email to begin.