Commitment To Excellence
Morristown Divorce Lawyers Help Clients With High Net Worth Asset Division
Dividing assets in a high-asset divorce requires more than simply dividing a house and belongings. You may have multiple homes, a family business or business executive benefits. While equitable distribution applies to all divorce cases, equitable distribution takes on a whole new meaning when some of the assets are intangible or must go through a valuation process.
At the family law firm of Laufer, Dalena, Jensen, Bradley & Doran, LLC, we have worked with thousands of clients facing a range of economic and property issues. We are accustomed to sophisticated employment arrangements, retirement benefit division, and property division involving multiple homes and businesses. To speak with a knowledgeable Morristown complex asset division lawyer about your divorce, contact us today.
Complex Property Valuation And Division Attorneys Mount Olive, New Jersey
When your marital estate includes intangible assets such as investments and business properties or assets that have not fully matured, it is important to work with a family law attorney who has experience handling these issues. We can help you value and divide complex assets such as:
- Stock options and restricted stock: Stock options must be included in the equitable property division if they were provided because of past performance during the marriage.
- Pension plans and retirement accounts: The portion of a pension that was acquired during a marriage is subject to equitable distribution.
- Business executive benefits: Highly compensated individuals may have restricted stock or other forms of deferred compensation/wealth accumulation plans that need to be addressed.
- Multiple homes: Multiple homes, vacation homes and other extensive property must be valued and divided. Who should keep the family home? Should any of the property be sold?
- Businesses: Family-owned businesses must be taken into account during a divorce. How much is your family business worth? Will one spouse continue to run the business?
Madison High Net Worth Divorce Lawyers Work With Experts To Value Your Property
In many high net worth asset cases we handle, we will call on accountants to determine the tax impact on the division of particular assets. While some assets may appear initially desirable, once you factor in tax laws, you may change your mind or wish to retain a different part of the family business or property portfolio.
When extensive real estate or family-owned businesses are involved, we have appraisers ready to value the property or businesses. This is to give you the best possible idea of the value and desirability of your properties.
We will also work with pension experts and other qualified financial experts to ensure that all family assets are accounted for and your rights are protected.
Contact Our Morristown Complex Asset Division Lawyers
At the law offices of Laufer, Dalena, Jensen, Bradley & Doran, LLC, many of our lawyers are AV Preeminent-rated, signifying the highest industry standards in legal knowledge, communication abilities and experience.
We also feature many family law attorneys nominated to the Super Lawyers/Rising Stars Super Lawyers list as it relates to family law, the dates of which you can see below.
We are intimately familiar with all the nuances and pitfalls of divorce litigation, and we are ready to use our expertise to help secure the best possible complex asset division settlement. To speak with one of our lawyers today, contact us online or through our Morristown offices at 973-975-4043.