Child Support Attorneys Morris County, NJ
Morristown Child Support Lawyers Secure Your Future
Child support is often a critical question for both the custodial and non-custodial parent. The multitude of questions you may have can be overwhelming. Will I end up paying far more child support than I can afford? What expenses will child support cover? Will I receive enough to properly care for my children?
At the family law firm of Laufer Dalena Cadicina Jensen & Boyd, in Morristown, we have handled hundreds of child support cases and claims for clients in Chester, Parsippany, Chatham and the greater Morris County area. Members of our attorney team are involved in numerous family law, mediation and settlement organizations, and have the experience and knowledge to answer your questions and provide comprehensive legal representation.
Do you have questions regarding child support? Are you concerned about the amount you may receive or will be required to pay? We can help. Call 973-975-0441
How to calculate child support in New Jersey
In New Jersey, child support amounts are determined by statutes and guidelines, based on the children’s best interests. Though relatively inflexible, child support amounts can often be decreased or increased by an experienced child support attorney.
We can look at questions that can influence the amount of child support to be paid, and work to meet your child support payment goals. Factors include:
- The determination of each party’s income
- Imputation of income
- Age of the child/children
- The impact of overnight visitation on child support
- Medical insurance costs
- Existing Court Orders for children born of other relationship
Hidden income sources, self-employment, family-owned businesses and other factors can often make determining actual income difficult or complicated. Child custody arrangements also directly affect child support payments paid and received. We can examine all factors, advocate for your goals in negotiations, mediation and in court, and work to maintain your past lifestyle. For more information regarding child support contact one of our attorneys to schedule a consultation.
Contact a Morristown Child Support Attorney Today
For experienced legal help with child support arrangements, contact the Morristown family law offices of Laufer, Dalena, Jensen & Boyd.
Many of our lawyers are AV® Preeminent™ rated, meaning they meet the highest industry standards of legal knowledge, ability to communicate with clients, and legal experience.
We offer small-firm customer care combined with a team of knowledgeable and experienced lawyers, many of which have been nominated as Rising Star Super Lawyers as it relates to family law. For a list of our lawyers and the dates of their inclusion to Super Lawyers / Rising Star Super Lawyers, see the section below.
To speak with one of our family law attorneys today, contact us online or through our Morristown offices at 973-975-0441.
Child Support Video Questions
- Can one parent force the other to pay for some or all of their children's college-related costs?
- What happens to child support if the payor dies or has to stop work because of illness or injury?
- How is child support determined in the state of New Jersey?
- Can a court impute to a parent for the purposes of determining child support?
- How does a Judge determine the amount of child support to be paid in high-asset divorce cases?
- Does child support cover all expenses the children had during the marriage?
- Do you ever give your clients a reality check when it comes to who is “at fault” or “what is fair”?