Michelle Anne Benedek-Barone Esq.
Michelle Ann Benedek-Barone was awarded a Juris Doctor in 1999 from Seton Hall University School of Law and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1996 from Drew University. In 2008, Ms. Benedek received a certificate from the Wharton School of Business in Mergers & Acquisitions. While attending the Wharton program, she studied negotiations under the renowned Stuart Diamond and performed complex business valuation analyses.
In 2011, Ms. Benedek received her Master in Business Associations with a double concentration in Finance and Management. This degree has enabled Ms. Benedek to specialize in complex matrimonial litigation involving business evaluations and asset portfolios.
Ms. Benedek is admitted to the New Jersey State Bar and New Jersey District Court Bar. She is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and the Morris County Bar Association. Ms. Benedek has been selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers* Rising Star in 2011 through 2014.
Ms. Benedek was a law clerk to the Honorable Stephan J. Schaeffer from 1999-2000. Prior to joining Laufer Dalena Cadicina, Jensen & Boyd, she was an associate with Cutler, Simeone, Townsend, Tomaio, & Newmark and Haber & Silver, PC.
In addition to her legal accomplishments, Michelle Benedek volunteers throughout the community. Ms. Benedek was a member of the Morris County Domestic Violence Crisis Response Team and Lecture Series. She currently volunteers for Good Grief in Morristown.
- New Jersey, 2000
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. – 1999
- Honors: Appellate Advocacy – “Best Oral Argument” Award
- Drew University – 1996
- Major: History
- Minor: English
- University Libre De Bruxelles
- Research Semester on the European Union
- Wharton Aresty Institute of Executive Education, University Of Pennsylvania, Certificate Program -Mergers and Acquisitions, June, 2008
- Seton Hall University Stillman School of Business, South Orange, New Jersey
- M.B.A. – 2011
- Major: Finance & Management Concentrations
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers* Rising Stars list, 2011 – 2014
Past Employment Positions
- Cutler, Simeone, Townsend, Tomaio & Newmark, Morristown, NJ, Associate
- Haber and Silver, Esq., Florham Park, NJ, Associate
- Hon. Stephen J. Schaeffer, J.S.C.F.P., Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County, NJ, Law Clerk
- McDonough, Korn, Eichhorn & Boyle, Springfield, NJ, Summer Associate
- Office of the Prosecutor, Morristown, NJ, Crisis Response Team/Speaker
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro Bono Services Program, Woman Aware, Inc., New Brunswick, NJ